Here are several useful resources on game design.
- The Game Developer’s Conference (GDC) is the world’s biggest game conference for video game industry professionals. Lucky for us, they also provide a large archive of video clips and other valuable resources, from practical guides to keynote speeches from laeders in the field. Click here to visit the Free vault.
- Pixel Prospector is a website with essential resources for game developers. It includes art, graphics, music/sound assets and tips for business and marketing aspects.
- Extra Credits is a popular YouTube channel with interesting commentary on video games.
- A Series of Interesting Choices – Game design thoughts by Paul Sottosanti
There are many excellent books on game design. Some recommendations include:
- A Theory of Fun by Raph Koster
- Game Design Workshop by Tracy Fullerton
- Rules of Play by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman